If you don’t find what you’re after, just holler.
- Taking Time Off to Vote ( Source 1 (Nolo) | Source 2 (FindLaw) )
- Most states require employers to let employees take time off to vote. If your state is not listed in these sites, there is no law that specifically addresses the issue.
How to Register
States control how citizens register to vote, with Federal law establishing the framework within which states may vary.
- The National Mail Voter Registration Form
- …can be used to register U.S. citizens to vote*, to update registration information due to a change of name, make a change of address or to register with a political party.
* All except: North Dakota, Wyoming, American Samoa, Guam, Puerto Rico, and the U.S. Virgin Islands
- State Registration Deadlines
- scroll down to see State Registration Deadlines for submitting the National Mail Voter Registration Form
- Register here at Occupy the Polls
- Complete and print the online form, or download and save for later printing (except in states/territories listed for Nat’l Mail Form, above)
Where to Vote
The following websites have polling place locators.
- By the League of Women Voters Education Fund (LWVEF), a “one-stop-shop” for election related information, providing nonpartisan information to the public with both general and state-specific information…”
- Rock The Vote (Click your state on the map.)
- “Now, for almost 25 years, Rock the Vote has pioneered ways to make voting easier by simplifying and demystifying voter registration and elections…”
Information at the U.S. government’s official web portal (.gov).
- U.S. Election Assistance Commission
- Information including voter guides, registration information, voting accessibility, absentee ballot info, and information for military and overseas voters
- Quick State Election Info
- Websites, Phone #’s, Facebook & Twitter Pages, Polling Place Hours
- Registering to Vote
- Voter Eligibility, How to Register, State Registration Deadlines
- Voting by Absentee Ballot
- Contacting Elected Officials
- Voting and Registering to Vote
- Find the steps for voter registration, voting by absentee ballot, and how to avoid voter fraud.